Thursday, April 11, 2013

Watch the weather today

As I sit in my front room, I see nothing but a flat gray sky in front of me. Thunderstorm and tornado days always remind me of the April 27, 2011 storms. It was a harrowing afternoon and I distinctly remember the voice of James Spann saying that Homewood was in the direct line of the storms, taking the children to the basement, putting my 10 month old son and 2 year old daughter under our bodies and praying.  When we heard that the storm had take a slight turn and Homewood would be out of the path, there was a huge sigh of relief.

My family had no idea that another family in our neighborhood was not able to relax- as they were experiencing some of the worst. I only remember hearing sirens, and not knowing where they were going.

Shannon Murphy's home, featured in Birmingham Magazine this month, has been rebuilt with fantastic safety features.

We have made reference to this house several times and I know that right now the house is getting a lot of publicity. However, included in the article are important safety tips for your home.  You can see a large gallery of home photos in the article, but it's not the same as standing in the house.

Shannon's home (218 LaPrado Place) as well as other beautiful homes are on the tour this year.  Please purchase your tickets and come see some of the beautiful history that we have to offer in Hollywood.  Tour is April 28!


No comments:

Post a Comment